Saturday, October 5, 2013

Another run in Shaun's Honor...

I am running this race with a team of people in Shaun's honor this year. I want to flood the course with SuperShaun shirts!  Its a 5K at Blandy Farm and State Arboretum.  Blue Ridge Hospice and its staff helped Shaunie more than they know, and continue to help our family through the grieving process. Stephen was able to go to the Camp free of charge this race provides. Please consider donating to this organization or sponsoring me as a runner. I took the Challenge and would love to say, "Here is this check, above and beyond, in SuperShaun's honor." A way he can continue giving back and on to other children, like his brothers. You can sponsor me online or send a check my mail. Thanks for considering and helping support a fantastic cause.

http://www.brhospice.org/5K/

I ran a race on September 28 with the boys and we wore our Shaunie Shirts... This was the first race the boys were able to participate in and they loved it! Stephen came in 4th and Scottie was right in the middle of the pack. I was so proud of them. It is nice to share something especially that is healthy and physical with them both. I hope to run many more with them too! They told everyone that they were running on the SuperShaun team and for their little brother who is in heaven. They are so proud of him. And I am of them! Look for more Team SuperShaun runs and come out and join us! We would love to share this time with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment