Thursday, November 14, 2013

6 months later...

Shaunie,
Its been 6 long months since I saw your face. Six months since I held you, rubbed noses with you, watched you sleep, worried about your every breath. There is blessings in the midst of this sorrow. Ones like knowing you are not struggling any longer. That you don't have to endure any more regressions, procedures, or be silenced!
I wonder daily what you are doing, how old you are, do you remember me? I wonder what songs you sing to Jesus, if you wave at Him like you did us. I wonder if you are with your siblings and they look out for you. Is it all you hoped and more? We are learning to be here separated from you. We know it is only for a time but you are forever part of us. We look forward to the day we are reunited again, my Son. Your brothers think of you daily. Scott names each of his treasured possessions after you. He loves you so. He sends kisses to heaven for you and Sarah each night and pulls his heart string to keep you close. You were his baby. Stephen writes stories about you, things you did together, but mostly how he misses you. You had a deep impact on his life. Thank you for making them better people for knowing you. I ma proud of you my son. I am looking forward to the day we are together again. But until that day, forgive me for missing you, because some of my heart died with you that day. Save a place for me, Son, for we will be there soon....






What a difference a year makes...
take nothing for granted but be thankful in all things!!!

1 comment:

  1. Denise, there is light and love in your words. Thank you for sharing your faith, incredible hope and endless love.

    ReplyDelete