Thursday, January 3, 2013

GI issues

Shaun is continuing to struggle with GI issues and holding his feeds down. He throws up nearly every day sometimes multiple times a day, usually surrounding feeding time. We have tried to adjust his rates, change formulas, and do multiple things but it is not working. We will go to Charlottesville tomorrow to meet with our GI team and see what is next. Shaun just needs to gain weight so he can grow! He is around 19 lbs. 3 oz. right now, down from 19 lbs. 6 oz. before Christmas and 20 lbs. 8 oz at his 18 month well check in November. Please pray for the doctors, for us, his parents, for wisdom and for him to be able to tolerate and keep his food down and grow! We are thinking about seeing a new GI doctor/ dietitian but I am not convinced that it will help. We have a new pediatrician that works with another hospital but I like our team at UVA and feel like it would not help to get new doctors involved; ones that don't know anything about Shaun or his case, since we are in such a dyer spot right now with his weight gain and nutrition. We also need to get a new swallow study done to see if he is protecting his airway from his increased secretions due to getting new teeth. He has a hard time with all the GI tract. Pray for wisdom again and for answers in this New Year.


"...for You created my inmost being, You knit me together in my mother's womb; I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm139:13-14.

No comments:

Post a Comment