Monday, June 17, 2013

Shaun's Memorial Garden

This weekend we created a garden in our back yard as a memorial place for reflection and remembrance. It is extra special as friends of ours have donated flowers or plants from their own gardens to plant in Shaun's garden. Grandma Mari and Papa Tim also contributed plants to this garden. I hope to get a bench for sitting and maybe a statue or bird bath also. Peter wants to build a trellised arch for it too.  I hope to use this area for time with Jesus, maybe my quiet times in the morning or sit out there when I am really missing Shaun. The boys helped me with their shovels digging, Mike helped me de-grass the area and pick up the stones, and Peter ran the tiller so the clay wouldn't be so hard for the plants to grow in.  I still need to mulch and stone the path, find the right ornaments and bench but I can't wait to have the area completed! Many of the flowering plants attract butterflies. Stephen told me the other day that the almost all white ones are angels.... I really don't think so, but I am glad he has something to hold on to. We miss you, Super Shaun!

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
John 16:33,  I tell you these things so that in ME you might have Peace.  In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
2 Corinthians 1:3-7
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. 6 If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7 And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.


In other news, its less than 2 weeks away from the fun Mud run 5K I am running for Shaun. Training is going well and I am looking forward to getting crazy with some great friends! June 29, here we come!

1 comment: