Thursday, May 23, 2013

One of the hardest days....

They came and picked up his stuff... I had to go into his room. His room that I haven't really been in since the morning that he started the shaking. It brought back all those memories. The biggest one being eyes glassing over, holding him, crying on him, then telling him it was ok to go home. I don't know why both times this happened that was what came out of my mouth. It wasn't its ok to die. or Its ok, go to heaven, or Go to Jesus. It was go home. Maybe because there is comfort in home. Maybe because this world is not our home. For whatever the reason, the Holy Spirit always leads. And in this moment when I couldn't do anything to help or comfort my Superhero, I told him through the leading of Christ, to go home. There is a song that says that this is not our home. This one has been one of my favorites the last week. Until I see you again, my Superhero...


2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

2 comments:

  1. Will continue to pray for you and your family. Thank you for your willingness to share your struggle and your faith. I cannot imagine your grief and hope that God will continue to supply you with the strength you need everyday until you get to go home too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Denise. It is the Spirit that guides our thoughts, and I'm so glad you are comforted to know Shaun is home and you have the hope of joining him one day when he welcomes YOU home :)

    ReplyDelete